Overall Rating: 7.5/10
A British Airways lounge at a key hub, accessed on this occasion at 17:00 using a British Airways Silver card with a BA flight.
This is one of two BA lounges at a Terminal 5A, located at the South of the terminal. It is far larger than the North lounge, though lacks an internal balcony, and is far darker (as most of the lounge is buried within ther terminal).
There is a further BA lounge at the B satellite terminal, for flights departing from there.
All lounges have been recently refurbished (2016).
A basic selection of hot and cold snacks:
- Cold rolls and sandwiches (ham, cheese, coronation chicken etc)
- Pastries and baked products such as egg tarts, cakes etc.
- Hot buffet available at meal times (breakfast = bacon rolls, lunch/dinner = rice, pasta, chilli, chicken, beans etc). Dinner = after 6 pm.
A wide selection of spirits, witnes and soft drinks:
- Spirits: Gin (Gordon’s/Bombay), Scotch (Glenlivet 15, Glenfiddich, JW Red, Drambui liquer), Vodka, Irish Liquer, Bourbon, rum etc
- Wine: White and red wine, Vintage Port (all Douro valley)
- Beer: Heineiken, Tiger, Tribute, Amstel
- Soft: standard selection.
WiFi and Power:
BA lounge wifi – password on screens/BA app.
Power outlets sparsely located through the lounge. Approx 20-30% of seats have a power socket close by.
Views and Comfort:
Comfortable chairs with side tables. Internal balcony overlooking the departures gates. Not too busy at time of our visit. A quiet business area with computers and printer is available for those who wish to use it.